28 June 2011

Passion for Fashion

When I was young, like about three or four, I really idolized my mom and my older female cousins as they dress up and put on their make-ups. Everytime I see a lipstick or an eye shadow, it was like I wanted to put it on my little face to imitate the ladies of our family. I really loved to wear boots during the 90's even if I was still below five (5) years old and because that was the trend during that time. As I grow up and see or meet different people, I learned that each of us is unique and we possess our own style. Some people would judge you on how you look and even criticize everything about you, but that's just not right.

When I was in high school, I loved rock music and even until now. I used to dress up like a rocker and my schoolmates think it was cool so I preserved that image until I reached third year.

Actually my passion to be in that specific (rocker) image didn't go away; but I was deprived to continue being like that. That time I was having a terrible confusion on what image I was trying to make out of myself so I stopped having the rocker image and turned to be a more refined woman when I turned college.


 But I was telling myself, "I like it this way to be a more mature person when dressing up but I am not an adult yet and I still haven't overcome my passion for being a rocker." So I changed the way I look and somehow became a rocker again -- and guess what?! History repeats itself and I got deprived of it the second time! My boyfriend didn't want me to look like a thrasher because (I guess) he finds it DIRTY. So, to settle our conflict, I stopped being like it again and started dressing like a woman -- AGAIN.
("AGAIN" is being  loved in this blog. :D)
Until I graduate college, my love and passion for rock music didn't leave me; but I was deprived since highschool to express it. So when I got the chance to dress like a rocker again (during our graduation pictorial), I didn't let myself miss that opportunity! I searched the web for some black-inspired dresses and imitated it. I got the chance to dress up like a rocker again but with a kick of a somehow-refined-woman image.


For now, I still can't be a full-time "Fashionista" because there are still other things that I should prioritize. But I promised myself, that when everything is already settled, I will be ready to surprise the world of who I really am! :)
So be proud of yourself, don't be too obsessed with changing what God has given you, and be proud and learn to love your looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment